DON’T MISS THE CHANCE TO SEE THEM IN LONDON! THIS THURSDAY – INCOHERENT CINEMA @ The Light and shadow Salon
THE LIGHT AND SHADOW SALON presents
BERTRAND MANDICO and KATRIN OLAFSDOTTIR
a selection of films and Incoherence Manifest presented by the authors : Bertrand Mandico, Elina Löwensohn and Katrin Olafsdottir
curated by PAPAY GYRO NIGHTS
@ our favorite venue – The Horse Hospital!
BERTRAND MANDICO : S.. Sa.. SALAM.. SALAMMBÔ / Lif Og Daudi Henry Darger / Prehistoric Cabaret / Souvenirs d’un montreur de seins / Féminisme, rafale et politique.
KATRIN OLAFSDOTTIR: In death I softly sing (Uterus Malade) / Salut Phallus / J’aime les morts
for more details visit:
INTERNATIONAL / INCOHÉRENCE
International / INCOHERENCE
1. Rejection of any rule of screenplay. / Screenplay Incoherence
2. The sound will be created in post production. / Manufacturing Incoherence
3. Filming must be done on expired film stock. / Sophistication Incoherence
4. Special effects must be made in-camera (overprint, projections etc).
Banish post-production. / Effects Inchoherence
5. Use of optical effects in-camera (filters etc). / Style Incoherence
6. The film must be in an uncertain geography , timeless, ban any realistic effect. / Time and geography Inchoherence
7. The material for the sets (scenery, costume and props) must come from found material. / Taste Inchoherence
8. Films must be hybrids containing at least two genres. / Style Inchoherence
9. The film used can be 16mm, 35mm, Super 8mm. / Economic Inchoherence
10. The director must be the author, cameraman and art director of the film. / Creative Inchoherence
11. Actors will alternate non acting and overacting. / Acting Incoherence
12. The film does belong to any aesthetic or narrative tendency. It must have a deep and fragile cinematography / Cinematographic Incoherence
Iternationale manifest inconsistency.
/ Reykjavik / Barcelona / Paris / Berlin / October 12, 2012 / / /
Katrin Olafsdottir and Bertrand Mandico
Join the event through facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/events/751255438288811/
|“…Become like water my friend.” – Bruce Lee
“Smooth space is filled by events or haecceities, far more than by formed and perceived things. It is a space of affects, more than one of properties. It is haptic rather than optical perception. Whereas in striated forms organize a matter, in the smooth materials signal forces and serve as symptoms for them. It is an intensive rather than extensive space, one of distances, not of measures and properties.” – Gilles Deleuze. The Smooth and the Striated
“Orkney storytellers used to describe with exquisite imaginary the town of Finfolkaheem at the bottom of the sea.” – Ernest W. Marwick. The Folklore of Orkney and Shetland
“…our island home is doomed. In a few short ages the lobster and
crab will crawl on our cold hearthstones; whales and fishes will disport above where our chimney tops now reach; seaweeds and limpets will grow on our gravestones, and our graves will be nowhere. But our dust will be safe in that most glorious of all sepulchers – the mighty ocean – on which “time writes no wrinkle” – Denisson. 1893 address to the Orkney Natural History Society
OCEAN, as a theme, is not a limitation, but an opportunity to desolve boarders and bondaries, to”become like water”, to submerge a rigid landmass, to look at OCEAN as a way of action, philosophical paradigm, world of folklore, post-human ecology, or as a mass of water
|to be continued..|
IMAGE FROM MAHAPRALAYA BY Gustaf Broms
|WALKING THE WALK
3 chanell video installation
Progression is always the reason of doing something. It sounds perfectly right. However, sometimes, even a walk for exercising the body and relaxation, a destination is necessary for some people. What can be actually satisfied by setting such a target or other countable check points?
The philosophy of Qigong is inspiring. A wisdom of recognizing the force and flow, not really the movement, allows us to realize what is truly natural for each unique body. Can we walk the walk with similar attitudes? And be able to respond to the surroundings with authenticity? Learning how to achieve the latter was …..more